Sim Brothel v2 Development Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

- SimBrothel: PytFall Development -

+13
tresson
Chon Waen
RationalPerv
artiste-flo
Pyko
KingofKings
tilimir
ShadowArcher
xp85248
KaiSakurai
riddlebox1321
Terashi
Xela
17 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

- SimBrothel: PytFall Development - Empty - SimBrothel: PytFall Development -

Post by Xela Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:09 pm

This project is an attempt to update SimBrothel and WM to our decade using better development tools (RenPy), adding battle engine and (hopefully) better graphics.

We still need writers, graphics and game designers so if you want to dedicate some of your time to development of this project, feel free to post here or PM me!

Some Screenshots:

- SimBrothel: PytFall Development - Th_429497209_1_123_480lo - SimBrothel: PytFall Development - Th_429511218_2_123_180lo - SimBrothel: PytFall Development - Th_429586503_3_123_128lo - SimBrothel: PytFall Development - Th_429603611_4_123_489lo - SimBrothel: PytFall Development - Th_667102149_1_123_760lo- SimBrothel: PytFall Development - Th_429623332_5_123_227lo - SimBrothel: PytFall Development - Th_429681543_6_123_377lo - SimBrothel: PytFall Development - Th_429693928_7_123_767lo - SimBrothel: PytFall Development - Th_242969866_8_123_352lo - SimBrothel: PytFall Development - Th_429750361_9_123_71lo - SimBrothel: PytFall Development - Th_429755111_10_123_15lo - SimBrothel: PytFall Development - Th_429810759_11_123_29lo - SimBrothel: PytFall Development - Th_634492933_4_122_933lo - SimBrothel: PytFall Development - Th_198069204_3_123_398lo

Last edited by Xela on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:15 am; edited 13 times in total

Xela

Back to top Go down

- SimBrothel: PytFall Development - Empty Re: - SimBrothel: PytFall Development -

Post by Terashi Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:29 pm

good job and great idea for the new tread XD XD XD you are so fast with development XD XD but i'm without ideas today so tomorrow i will work,i promise

ah do you like Naruto?Xp
Terashi
Terashi

Back to top Go down

- SimBrothel: PytFall Development - Empty Re: - SimBrothel: PytFall Development -

Post by Xela Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:42 pm

Terashi wrote:good job and great idea for the new tread XD XD XD you are so fast with development XD XD but i'm without ideas today so tomorrow i will work,i promise

ah do you like Naruto?Xp

Naruto is one of my favs but the reason I've started with girls from Naruto series is because I've been in charge of girlpacks for WM for a while and it is the most popular package Smile

I got the logic for brothel screen done, now I am trying to figure out what a good layout would be, I would like it to be different from girl screens.

Xela

Back to top Go down

Post by Xela Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:12 am

Ok, got part of brothel screen to work...

- SimBrothel: PytFall Development - 710
- SimBrothel: PytFall Development - 610

Some issues found like brothels not being in the right order but I'll fix that in time.
Buttons on the right don't do anything yet since advanced logic doesn't exist as I'm busy with screen layouts, but left/right buttons can be used to view different brothels.

This is not worth downloading as this is very far away from playable version but if you want to give some advice on design/graphics/positioning be my guest Smile

Link: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/43556362/SimBro%20PytFall-0.04-win.rar

I'm done for tonight...

Last edited by Xela on Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Xela

Back to top Go down

Post by riddlebox1321 Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:39 am

I downloaded it and began checking it out. So far I like the color scheme and the pictures chosen for the buildings and the two girls; The way the buttons highlight is also appealing to the eye. I thought the idea of keyboard and mouse use was simple and clever (I haven't tested joystick use yet but when I do I'll report.) I haven't tested for bugs or typo's seeing as this is for concept only, if you give me the okay then I will. As for positioning (if this is what you mean), I have a screen resolution of 1280 x 800 and the window came up a little low but it was easily fixed by moving the window. If you want and give the okay, then I can post this in my threads on Legend of Krystal forums and Hongfire to see what they think about it.
riddlebox1321
riddlebox1321

Back to top Go down

Post by Xela Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:57 am

To early to post elsewhere, I wanted to post this there when beta is ready.

Keyboard use will be improved eventually. Joystick should also work just fine.

1280x800 is native resolution for the game, you can try it in full screen if window size bugs you.

By positioning I meant location of elements on the screen so far.

I've put 0 effort into texts so if you find typo's or simply come up with better descriptions for girls/buildings/buttons be my guest to fix the spelling or provide better texts.

Xela

Back to top Go down

Post by Xela Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:50 am

Added a sketch of a development roadmap.

Xela

Back to top Go down

Post by riddlebox1321 Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:55 pm

Xela wrote:To early to post elsewhere, I wanted to post this there when beta is ready.

Keyboard use will be improved eventually. Joystick should also work just fine.

1280x800 is native resolution for the game, you can try it in full screen if window size bugs you.

By positioning I meant location of elements on the screen so far.

I've put 0 effort into texts so if you find typo's or simply come up with better descriptions for girls/buildings/buttons be my guest to fix the spelling or provide better texts.

Cool, when I get a chance I'll do some text skimming but it looks fine right now.
riddlebox1321
riddlebox1321

Back to top Go down

Post by Xela Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:57 pm

Clocking in for tonight. Plan is to figure out a way for brothels to appear in correct order and create a Buy buildings screen.

I've made an alternative theme. This one is Wood. Black text will obviously have to be replaced but this is another possibility.

- SimBrothel: PytFall Development - 113
- SimBrothel: PytFall Development - 213
- SimBrothel: PytFall Development - 312
- SimBrothel: PytFall Development - 412

Edit: Brothels are now in correct order, just changed their id's to numbers and sorted by them...
Edit2: Buy Brothels screen is done.

- SimBrothel: PytFall Development - 711

This is it for tonight. Next are girl's items + clothing screens and logic + brothel upgrades and advertising and all logic behind it. I'll try to get that done before the end of this week.

Last edited by Xela on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Xela

Back to top Go down

Post by KaiSakurai Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:04 pm

already looking forward for a playable version =3
KaiSakurai
KaiSakurai

Back to top Go down

Post by Xela Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:46 pm

KaiSakurai wrote:already looking forward for a playable version =3

2 - 6 month depending on size of development team would be my estimate so it'll be a while... Sad

Xela

Back to top Go down

Post by Terashi Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:11 am

we will support you in every way!
Terashi
Terashi

Back to top Go down

Post by Xela Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:37 pm

Ok, clocking in for today. I'll try to get items/clothing logic done today. Maybe start with trait logic if time allows.

Edit: Done for tonight. Got halfway through items/clothing but at least I know for sure how I want to handle those for basic design of 1.0. I'll prolly borrow Alkion's code for advanced WMlike version after SimBrothel one is done.

name = 'Plain Dress', desc = 'Plain Dress:\n Basic apparel, no real benefit.'
name = 'Yakata', desc = 'Yukata:\n Charisma + 5 for 50 Gold.'
name= "Kimono", desc = 'Kimono:\n Charisma +10\n Refinement +5 for 300 Gold'
name = "Luxurious Kimono", desc = 'Luxurious Kimono:\n Charisma +20\n Refinement + 10 for 1000 Gold.'
name = "Sexy Dress", desc = "Sexy Dress:\n Charisma + 10\n Libodo + 5 Blowjob + 5 Fuck + 5 for 500 Gold.
name = "Yobidashi Dress", desc = "Yobidashi Dress\n Refinement + 25"

name = "Hypnotic Ring", desc = "Hypnotic Ring: \n Character - 10"
name = "Perfume", desc = "Perfume: \n Charisma + 5"
name = "Drugs", desc = "Drugs: \n Unknown effets"
name = "Aphrodisiac", desc = "Aphrodisiac: \n Libido + 15"
name = "Mirror", desc = "Mirror: \n Charisma + 5 \n Refinement + 5"
name = "Hairpin", desc = "Hairpin: \n Refinement + 5"

I'll continue tomorrow evening if time allows. If anyone wants to help, try finding good pictures (preferably transparent .png) for screens of the above mentioned items and dresses for after I am done with logic. Also if someone finds a kickass Anime Style picture of a dress or an item that is not in the above list while looking, we can just replace one of the items/dresses or add new finds or the game as well.

Xela

Back to top Go down

Post by xp85248 Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:11 am

do you know of the game slavemaker

xp85248

Back to top Go down

Post by Xela Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:22 am

xp85248 wrote:do you know of the game slavemaker

Sure, I kinda liked first versions before it got overcomplicated without boasting any new features.

Last edited by Xela on Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:18 am; edited 2 times in total

Xela

Back to top Go down

Post by Xela Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:42 pm

Ok, got logic behind items and equipment figured out for now. Items/Dresses can now be bought in shop and activated (no effects yet but code to apply effects is ready). Screens are VERY raw and will be improved many times over in the future.

- SimBrothel: PytFall Development - 111

- SimBrothel: PytFall Development - 210

Tomorrow I am planning to create a method that would check stats against their maximums and minimums and modify them, then logic for traits follows. Afterwards = set flags method for girls and start working on brothel upgrades and advertising but that will happen next week at best.

I'm done with coding for tonight Smile

Edit:

Figured that methods to mod stats and flags could be copied from old version of Alkion so that's done. I'm leaving traits for later, after Terashi is done with design and can organize them so advertising is next.

Xela

Back to top Go down

Post by Xela Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:20 pm

Went a bit long without updates.

So far I've done minor improvements for screens, photoshoped two new buttons for the game, one grey, another green for activating items and selecting clothing.

This is just to view screens, this is not playable yet. Skin is now wood (I would like some opinions on what skin is better, wood or pergament?). After you get a girl, you can take her shopping for 6 dresses and 6 items and equip those, effects are not yet applied but like I've said, making those effects work will take about an hour since code is already done.

Another version: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/43556362/SimBro%20PytFall-0.05-win.rar

Today I'm planning to do some work on brothel upgrades and advertising screens.

Edit: Upgrades screen is operational:

- SimBrothel: PytFall Development - 112

Advertisement is next. Set girls to work screen comes afterwards, then Next Day screen and some basic logic behind that (that part was planned for later but I'm getting sick of screens so I want to write a couple of functions Smile )

Advertisement screen is done for now:

- SimBrothel: PytFall Development - 211

And I'm clocking out for tonight.

Xela

Back to top Go down

Post by KaiSakurai Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:38 am

wood skin is DEFINITELY better!
btw nc pics for upgrade screen^^
KaiSakurai
KaiSakurai

Back to top Go down

Post by Xela Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:53 am

KaiSakurai wrote: wood skin is DEFINITELY better!
btw nc pics for upgrade screen^^

Yeah, wood does seem nicer. I'll stick with it and start picking right fonts and colors that go with wood.

Xela

Back to top Go down

Post by Xela Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:29 am

Got a bit drunk today so skipped logic Like a Star @ heaven Suspect Like a Star @ heaven

But I managed to do some robotic work on improving the screens since the only person commented thought that wood skin was better so the style is now locked Smile

- SimBrothel: PytFall Development - 410

Now shows amount of gold on a new frame and scrolling area for buildings in case we add to them later.

- SimBrothel: PytFall Development - 510

Added a viewport for tooltip text so it doesn't fly around the screen and is is scrollable if there is to much text. New frame for Gold and Day here as well.

- SimBrothel: PytFall Development - 610
- SimBrothel: PytFall Development - 710

New Left/Right buttons (Wood/Metal style), Tooltip on a scrollable frame, girls data on pergament sheet and some other minor improvements.

Xela

Back to top Go down

Post by Xela Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:01 pm

First prototype of set girls to work screen is ready:

- SimBrothel: PytFall Development - 113

I'll leave it at that for now. Next day and basic logic behind it follows. If all goes well, first girl in PytFall is gonna get laid tomorrow Smile

Edit:

Well, it works but it raised up a number of issues with backbone code. Will take a while to figure it all out and a longer while to make texts on Next day interesting.

- SimBrothel: PytFall Development - Th_198067931_2_123_450lo - SimBrothel: PytFall Development - Th_198069204_3_123_398lo

Xela

Back to top Go down

Post by Xela Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:08 pm

Ok, so what else is new...

1) I managed to solve a problem that came with backbone code from Alkion that bugged the hell out of me. Images kept locking in, meaning that only a single image (of each type) could be used for all interactions, profile pictures and so on. That issue is now fixed and it's a new random image from a respective category each time it is called Smile

2) After a bit of testing I figured this:

For 2 000 000 interactions (around 400 000 girls in game), game crashes on next day.

For 200 000 interactions (around 40 000 girls in game), next day calculations take around 7 - 9 seconds. Saving takes 20 - 25 seconds.

For 20 000 interactions (around 4 000 girls in game), next day calculations take around 1 - 2 seconds. Saving takes 1 - 2 seconds as well.

For 2 000 interactions (a more realistic scenario of 400 girls in game), next day calculations and saving are instantaneous.

So in short, even assuming that next day code will get exponentially more complicated from here on out, neither the programming language nor the framework are likely to crap out on us.

== I am pretty happy right now cause that was my main concern!

cheers sunny cheers

Xela

Back to top Go down

Post by Xela Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:31 am

Ok... clocking out at 1 a.m. Good thing is that tomorrow is Saturday Smile

As for progress, I've considerably advanced logic for Next Day. All sextypes are now fully operational. Customer class is a little bit more advanced (Can distinguish between male and female gender).

Girls now have AP (Action points that determine how many actions they can take per day), that means if you interact with a girl during the day, she will have less AP for work.

Girls have a new stat called fatigue, it will not be reported to player as a number but as a string saying something like: Exhausted, Very Tired, Full of energy and so on. It will increase as you interact with a girl or as she works and decrease as she rests. Health is still out there but it will be affected only when girl gets actual injury.

Tomorrow if time allows I am planning to keep working on Next Day logic and adding schools to the game. After that interactions. Then traits. Then jokers and management screen. After that is done it will basically be a matter of stuffing the game with content like girls, texts, events, missions, traits, missions, jokers and so on.

Xela

Back to top Go down

Post by Xela Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:07 pm

This is a bit ahead of schedule but I really wanted to try adding battle engine to the game.

This is Sakura fighting some random tenticle monster.

- SimBrothel: PytFall Development - 114
- SimBrothel: PytFall Development - 212
- SimBrothel: PytFall Development - 310
- SimBrothel: PytFall Development - 411

It works and works better than I expected. Magic attacks are animated, so far there are Water, Fire and Earth but more can be added later. Damage is also animated. Battle music and sound effects are working as well and this is really lightweight (around 9 mb) so it will not mess with the game.

I wasn't planning adding this before version 1.0 but decided to make random events in the city more interesting by allowing an occasional battle. More than one girl/player and more than one monster are obviously allowed.

In any case, going to put some time into Next Day logic.

Xela

Back to top Go down

Post by Xela Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:08 am

This is just to view screens, this is not playable yet.

http://sharesix.com/s9980c1sl4si

Things that work: (Not many things do work I am afraid )

- Jumping around screens
- Buying girls
- Buying equipment for girls but ONLY dresses will actually do something. Items can be bought but have no effect.
- Buying brothels
- Buying upgrades/advertising can be bough but doesn't change anything.
- Battle Test (Will randomly choose between Hinata and Sakura even if you don't own them)
- Tifa's quest can be accessed on/after Day 6.
- Next week button with limited texts for working jobs (Rest and Whoring)

Xela

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next