Sim Brothel v2 Development Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Java Sim Brothel

+2
Teiko
Azrael
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Java Sim Brothel Empty Java Sim Brothel

Post by Azrael Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:15 am

Hello fellow friends of the Sim Brothel genre,

since I kind of liked these types of games I couldn't stop myself from trying to develop one myself. This is a very early version with not much content, keep this in mind. For now I call this project Jasbro (Java Sim Brothel), but if anyone has a better suggestion, let me know.

First without further ado the program itself:
Jasbro_R0_0_12_update.zip

Unzip the application anywhere you like. The .exe files should allow Windows users to use the JRE within the folder without the need to install anything. If you want to / have to use the jar files you need a JAVA 7 JRE. I haven't tested this on anything else but a Windows system, so there might be problems under Linux if I have screwed up with the file paths somewhere.

You will want to add additional Characters to the game.
Mega folder
Do so by placing the .zip files in the characters folder of the game. You can leave them inside the archive or unzip them.

You might recognise many of these character packs if you are familiar with the game Otherworld by Daisy_Strike. Since that game already had character icons and images for all kinds of situations those were a good basis to start from. I already messaged Daisy and he / she doesn't mind me using those for now.

Java Sim Brothel Screen11
This is the UI. Everything works by dragging characters into the rooms of your brothel. Available actions change depending on room type and occupants. Of course so far there is not much to choose from. There are only bedrooms in several sizes and a kitchen. As you can see the maximum amount of occupants I allow in one room is 6. With 12 rooms this would allow for 66 people sleeping in the house. Far more realistic however would be about twenty people in a house of this size, since a bedroom can't be completely occupied if you want to allow clients in and some rooms will be used for other purposes.
Adding additional rooms or allowing for more occupants in one room would be easy, but I think for most displays this is about the maximum you can fit on one screen. However since this is only one building I believe this much is fine.

Java Sim Brothel Screen10
This is the character editor. It allows anyone to easily create their own characters in my game. The controls should be pretty self explanatory. Each image you add should be tagged to show up in the appropriate situations. I might make a detailed explanation for the tags and how to use them some other time, since this is not completely straight forward. If you are missing any tags let me know.

As you might have guessed from the girl files, all data concerning one character is saved in a zip file. An automatically generated .xml file is then filled with all the data concerning the character and the images. The zip files allow to add basically any kind of file in the future. Files with texts tailored to this character maybe or xml files with data for custom quests. The possibilities are endless, but of course the support for all of this still is a long way from being programmed.

Known bugs (Just Character Editor):
When you add a bunch of images there is no loading indicator or progress bar. The UI just freezes up. Wait for it to unfreeze.
Don't use the character editor in a folder managed by a running Dropbox. The zip library doesn't seem to like the concurring file access.
Even if there is a problem of some sort the zip file is not lost most of the time. The library often leaves a tmp file that you just need to rename back to *.zip and everything is fine.

Since this is a very early vesion, there is a ton of stuff to do before this is really playable:
Develop a system for loading appropriate texts for certain situations from files (would allow for localization as well).
Add more actions and roomtypes, allow the trainers to train girls
Add ways to actually spend your money: An auction house for girls, hiring trainers, buying houses, rooms and items, upkeep...
Add professions like Maid etc.
Add more conditions (Like illnesses and the like)
Add an equipment system
Add quests (I am mainly thinking of a system where you are given a girl and have to reach certain conditions in a set amount of time)
... and much much more.

So there you have it. Please let me know what you think and if there is anyone willing to help: you are welcome. At this point I could pretty much use anything: Texts, help at programming, new or improved character files, stuff to make my ui prettier and so on and so on...

And if anyone is interested, you can check out the sourcecode here:
https://svn.code.sf.net/p/jasbro/code/

Best regards,
Azrael

Last edited by Azrael on Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:51 am; edited 5 times in total

Azrael

Back to top Go down

Java Sim Brothel Empty Re: Java Sim Brothel

Post by Teiko Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:02 am

Yeah a new project =3
And it looks really nice for a really early stage of the game. There seems to be a lot of good thing already. You are doing great keep going ^^. And you should make pack instead of giving the girls for the games one by one, it would be easier for us Smile.
Teiko
Teiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:32 am

Allright thanks for the feedback. I uploaded a pack with all of the files like you suggested.

Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by Kandine Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:51 am

I'm not sure if my computer's having problems running the Jre's, if there's something I missed when downloading it, or if somethings wrong with it when I launch it.
When I try running the girl editor it launches javaw and doesn't do anything else. However when I try running Jasbro I get to the starting menu, click new game and nothing else seems to be happening, even my task manager says it's not doing anything.
If anybody knows how I can run this or fix my problem I'd like to know.

Edit:Figured I should add some info, I'm running Windows 7 home, and have the latest Java 7 running on my computer.

Kandine

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:59 am

Kandine wrote:
However when I try running Jasbro I get to the starting menu, click new game and nothing else seems to be happening, even my task manager says it's not doing anything.
That sounds suspiciously like what happens when you have not added any girl files into the characters folder. I am sorry that there is no proper error message, I will get to that eventually. Maybe you have mistakenly unpacked the .zip file(s)?
OT: The original idea behind the .zip files was to make them easy to share, but as Teiko pointed out it is a pain to download so many single files. In the next version there will be support for normal folders, which should make file access a bit faster. In the future I want to get to a point where you can use packs of girls (both as .zip and unpacked folders), which I think would be best to manage.

Kandine wrote:When I try running the girl editor it launches javaw and doesn't do anything else.
This however should not happen. Just so that we are on the same page: Did you try running both the .jar and the .exe files? Same result with both? Is there something in the jasbro.log file?

Edit: Wait! Did you maybe unpack the Hitsugaya.zip as well? Without any character files to work with the Character Editor doesn't start. I thought I had added a warning to not unpack the files, but I guess I didn't really do that. Anyway if I am right: use the .zip files and you will be fine.

Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by Kandine Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:54 pm

Alright, I did unzip them, so I tried it with a completely fresh download with the girls still zipped, but no longer in the girlpack.
Now when I try to launch anything it tells me "This application was configured to use a bundled Java Runtime Environment but the runtime is missing or corrupted."

Kandine

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:16 pm

Have you unzipped the application itself? Because that is necessary.

Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by Kandine Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:27 pm

Ok, I unzipped the application, but now I'm back to the problems I had before where it doesn't go past the start a new game screen.
Also the girl creator is still not functioning.
To answer a question from earlier, there isn't anything in the Jasbro.log file.

Kandine

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:40 pm

And in the characters folders there is at least the Hitsugaya.zip and one girl-.zip file?

Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by Kandine Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:49 pm

Yes, I have all the zips from the girlpack in the characters folder, and I'm still not getting anything.
Dangit, I think I solved the problem, I removed the girlpack zip from the rest of them and now they are both working.
That's a pretty tight setup if one folder that shouldn't be there is there it stops functioning.
Now to check it out. I'll let you know how it goes.

Kandine

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:24 am

Well that is good to know. I will make sure that problem is gone in the next version.

Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by Kandine Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:40 am

I found a glitch with the auction where if you win the auction but it doesn't say anything and you click, it will give you the girl. However after this it will cause the mouse cursor to pickup any character it passes over and drop them in any room it passes over. Once that starts happening it doesn't stop unless you restart the program.

Other than that it all seems to be functioning quite well.
I imagine you have plans for everything, and I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Kandine

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:10 pm

As a small update I bring you the next version of my game. All previous bugs are fixed, I just hope I didn't build in too many new ones. Concerning content I added Screens for all basic Tasks (Buying / Selling Houses, Refurnishing rooms etc.) and built in the first basic quests. This is still some way from being really playable however. Feedback would be appreciated.

You can either download the game files only (which will work with the character files you might have downloaded previously).
http://www.mediafire.com/download/19cnifsxww1cfdd/Jasbro_R0_0_2.zip

Or you can simply download the game complete with all characters:
http://dfiles.eu/files/25vqk4ji6?redirect

Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by KaiSakurai Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:08 am

more than a month has passed.....
still alive or dead already?
KaiSakurai
KaiSakurai

Back to top Go down

Post by Xela Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:47 am

KaiSakurai wrote:more than a month has passed.....
Development continues at pretty insane speed at FP forums, they're at version 0.0.9 already.

Xela

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:33 pm

KaiSakurai wrote:more than a month has passed.....
I am very much alive, but kind of migrated to futanaripalace. Even though the main theme of the forum is not my thing, the community is really active and helpful and I got the feedback I was looking for.

I guess I'll post major releases in the releases thread here eventually. But it may be a while until such a version arises.

Xela wrote:
Development continues at pretty insane speed at FP forums, they're at version 0.0.9 already.
Measuring development speed by version number doesn't really work since I can do pretty much whatever I want there. But yeah, progress has been made.

Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by KaiSakurai Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:27 am

post a link to ur futanaripalaca thread then
KaiSakurai
KaiSakurai

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:20 am

Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by KaiSakurai Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:02 pm

ty

great game!
has a lot of potential
just downloaded the 0.08 version
and cant stop playin it

but just 1 question:
how can i fire trainers i've hired?
KaiSakurai
KaiSakurai

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:00 pm

KaiSakurai wrote:
but just 1 question:
Uhm that feature is kind of missing at the moment.

Edit: To fix the savegame you could rename the folder of the character. When you load the savegame characters without assignable folders are removed. Then save and re-rename the character folder.

Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by KaiSakurai Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:03 pm

Azrael wrote:
KaiSakurai wrote:
but just 1 question:
Uhm that feature is kind of missing at the moment.

Edit: To fix the savegame you could rename the folder of the character. When you load the savegame characters without assignable folders are removed. Then save and re-rename the character folder.
so what u wanna say is:
"to fire trainers u have to delete their character from the game"
somewhat like that?
KaiSakurai
KaiSakurai

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:16 pm

Currently yes Razz
This will change of course

Edit: My latest minor update contains a Fire trainer button. However in contrast to the latest 'official' release 0.0.8 this is still very much untested and may contain bugs.

Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by plopsama Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:14 pm

FP is down apparently... Can we use his thread in the meantime?
BTW, I'm Eiri.

plopsama

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:44 am

Hi Eiri.
This downtime of FP is worryingly long. I'll try to bring this thread up to date.

Edit:
Latest update was:
Jasbro_R0_0_16_update.zip
(Version in first post will always be latest stable version. Version in thread is more up to date, but may be bug infested)

I am currently uploading my folder with all the characters made by the others, to make them available here. That will take a very long time though.

Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by plopsama Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:22 am

It's nice to hear from you. What's new in this version again? Have you made any progress?

I'd like to post my folder too but I don't know this forum's policy concerning loli.

Also, there's a suggestion I wanted to post on FP: Right now, groups are still counted as one single customer in the summary screen. Do you think you could change that?

EDIT: I see streets are working now, that's very nice. You can whore your trainers there though, is that intentional?

plopsama

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next